Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Saucepans

JacquieL

I need to buy new saucepans as I am getting a new cooker with a ceramic hob, and my lovely copper-bottomed pans can't be used on it. They are 40 years old so they have done really well, but now I have a big decision to make? I need pans which can be used on any heat surface as this cooker is just for three years to fit my current kitchen, and then I am changing my kitchen and cooker completely when my OH retires. I have been looking at different pans and am torn between buying Meyers Circulon Infinite, or some ordinary non-stick stainless steel pans. Any recommendations, suggestions or advice anyone?

Personally I wouldnt buy non stick as in my experience it doesnt matter how careful you are, the non stick surface always gets damaged somehow. My husband wont let me use anything with even a tiny scratch on its non stick surface.

So my vote would be for stainless steel which is also very easy to clean and seems to cope with all eventualities.

Happy shopping!

I've just recently swapped from a ceramic hob and my stainless steel saucepans (Stellar) were fab. (They're still fab on my Range too!). I'd avoid non-stick cos it comes off but you can scrub the inside of stainless steel as much as you like if you have a mishap!

Seems like stainless is the best then. My 40 year old copper-bottomed ones are stainless as well, and to be honest they would last forever I think, but copper is not suitable for todays' cookers xD these Circulon things don't seem to be the same as normal non-stick and I wondered if anyone had them. the modern handles aren't a patch on the ones I've got. They have a life-time guarantee. Lucky you with a Range LJW. I know just what I want when we retire as I cook for 12 regularly and less frequently for more than that, but I can't alter my kitchen at the moment as I can't afford it, and need to leave it OK for the next family. I'll have our lovely Church Wardens on my back if I don't. :o

Jacquie, the Range is at home not at work...... sorry if I misled you - and yes it is lovely and yes, we saved long and hard!