Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Construction Work Bench And Tools

Hi,

I am trying to set up an outdoor workbench and construction area so the children can use real tools and materials, but am having trouble finding more child-friendly things like saws, hammers etc. I don't want toy tools, but thought that hardware stores like B&Q might have kids versions of the real things. My major problem is that I am teaching in China :o , so need to rely on websites to find them. I tried B&Q website with no luck. Any ideas or links? Shipping hopefully will not be a problem, as many staff members go to the UK, US and Canada for the summer.

I can have the workbench made here, but it would be great to see examples of what is available.

Thanks in advance,

K8

Try the big rubber headed hammers for most pound shops. they are great for little hands. I let mint hammer into polystyrene to practice! :o

We use ordinary adult sized tools as we were told these are far safer than those made for children (especially hammers ) We did buy a "tool board" when we first got a workbench but weren't impressed.

Thanks for the advice and information. The tts website had some good equipment, but my husband (a dt teacher) thinks I should be using the real things too.

Any ideas about a good work bench?

K8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)