Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Interview

Hi,

Anyone have any good ideas for a teaching task for a reception post that will allow teaching to be seen, but also how a FS indoor and outdoor area would be set up to enable learning.

Thanks

Is there any guidance on what it needs to cover? Any subject? or is left open?

It is going to be left open

I'm trying to think of something - it's surprisingly hard when there is no guidelines at all. I would certainly do something that makes links with lots of areas of the curriculum as well as something good for outside. Something that's worked well for us recently is that we had a letter from the juniors saying they had heard strange noises in the woodland area - could we help. We followed dinosaur footprints with numbers (in order) to the woodland and found a bucket of dinosaurs and the book Harry and the dinosaurs go to school. We went back to class and read the story where at the end a boy makes up a name of a dinosaur - Jackosaurus. We talked about what our names would be. We then did a Plan, Do, Review of making their own dinosaur in any way they wanted - this could be in the classroom or it could be outside (depending on resources) we then did some focussed writing about their dinosaur. Now obviously you wouldn't be able to do all of this but I hope it's helped you a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)