Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyeprofile ..help.

Kazz

Hi everyone, I am just about to embark on using the eyeprofile and I don't have the faintest idea what to do. I went on a course about 10 days a go and the issue of recording EY scores came up and this was recommended as a way of recording results and data. is it straightforward to use ? My TA has agreed to go through it with me but before I start, could anyone give me any tips ? :oxD:( Or should I just have a go on my own. Also is it true that you can generat end of year 'school' reports for these too. Sorry to sound dim but I'm a bit aprehensive about using it. Thanks for any advice Kazz

It is easy enough to use... my main tip is to double check that you have the date right when inputting data.

I tend to use the screen where you can input the whole class, rather than one child at a time. I had already put in some assessments up to the spring half term, but then chose the wrong date to add the Spring 2 data (actually a year before) and it let me do it.

I think the best thing to do it to sit at home with it or somewhere quiet and have a play.

L

Guest budgie1

I used the e profile (the older version of the eye profile) for a couple of years and once I got going it was really useful. It enables you to show graphs of progress made, making it easy to see any weak areas. You can also look at girls / boys results allowing you to compare or spot any patterns. You can generate a report (which I did) you are able to personalise these as they are quite dry. I'm no computer whizz but I found it really easy to use. I would follow Lorna's advice and have a "play" with it on your own. Good luck!

I used the e profile (the older version of the eye profile) for a couple of years and once I got going it was really useful. It enables you to show graphs of progress made, making it easy to see any weak areas. You can also look at girls / boys results allowing you to compare or spot any patterns. You can generate a report (which I did) you are able to personalise these as they are quite dry. I'm no computer whizz but I found it really easy to use. I would follow Lorna's advice and have a "play" with it on your own. Good luck!

Thankyou for your advice , I will have a play in the next couple of days and let you know how I get on , Kazz :-)

I totally agree.....it's actually a super little programme that with a little bit of time by yourself at home....(away from any school distractions) you will soon get to grips with it.

I have not been on any course to use it...however by working through it and simply ticking where my children are at and the correct term that it's been achieved by I've found it very useful and not too scary to use!

Also just some extra advice.....I was audited for my profiles yesterday by our county and they were very pleased with our assessment procedures.....and the evidence we have collected........ you do not have to have evidence for every single point.....it's all about knowing where the child is at...what they are able to o rather than unable to do and where they sit within the points. (i.e.....if a child is generally working below average in an area.....then at the end of the year they will not achieve up to a point 6....but their points will be below.....) An average child will generally gain between points 6-7 (8) and a more able child will generally score the 9's.....

(It's just knowing where the children are at really looking at the whole child at the end of the Foundation Stage as to what assessment you give them)

Bearing in mind that the county you work for will probably (if not already use this assessment to predict the child's end of Key Stage 1 SATs result......so a child who is definate 9's....will be a target child to achieve level 3 by the end of KS1 and level 5 by the end of KS2....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)