Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Professional Development Plan

Hi Everyone

I need some advice. I am trying to write my Professional Development plan and have managed to complete the 3 short term goals:

Initial contact with my reach parents / Development of Outdoor environment / Development of Mobile Toy Library.

But have not got the foggiest on what my Long Term goal is.

This is my last assignment to gain my Foundation degree in Early Years with OU. Since starting the long path to get the FD my employment has changed from being a day nursery manager to a senior outreach co-ordinator for a children centre. I am totally unsure what to put now, as don’t even know whether I want to carry on and gain the full degree.

If anyone can guide me, it would be gratefully received

Sam

I would say, think of where you want to be in 5 years. WHen I started the degree I was a nursery officer, then I became a pre-school leader, and now I am a manager and am applying for a job as in an advisory role. None of this I predicted as I had already worked in child care for about 14 years mainly as a nanny. I had no idea where the degree would take me.

I also don't think anyone is going to come and check you have fulfilled your PDP :o so maybe you can put down in your ideal world where you hope to progress to and how you think you will get there.

Does that help?

I would say, think of where you want to be in 5 years. WHen I started the degree I was a nursery officer, then I became a pre-school leader, and now I am a manager and am applying for a job as in an advisory role. None of this I predicted as I had already worked in child care for about 14 years mainly as a nanny. I had no idea where the degree would take me.

I also don't think anyone is going to come and check you have fulfilled your PDP :o so maybe you can put down in your ideal world where you hope to progress to and how you think you will get there.

Does that help?

Thanks Wendles

Sorry for the long delay.

I have gone down the route of the 'ideal' and spoke to my tutor who said similar to you. Which then made it easier to write.

She has seen it and agree it is far better than the first one I submitted.

Sam

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)