Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluating Play Areas

I am trying to make a SEF form to use to evaluate whether the children are using the different areas within the pre school.

So are they using the book corner to read/look at books, if not why not, what needs changing etc.

Have looked in resources, but I couldn't find what I was looking for xD

If any of you lovely ladies can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful :o

Thanks in advance

how about using some ideas based on the Mosaic Approach (google if you need more info) whereby you give the children a camera and free use of it to take photos of their favourite places within the setting? Once you've looked at the results, you can then ask the children to discuss their preferences with you. We did this last year to evaluate our environment and it had some surprising results!

look at well being and involvement of the children

to be honest just stand and have a good look at the session in progress

then think, reflect, think change reflect evaluate do it for a while dont chang things in just one week of having an idea because sometimes other ideas for and against crop up and you just cant keep changing

ECCR's is a useful tool

discuss with children and staff and parents as sometimes they have useful contacts for resources that may be needed

• 2 weeks later...

You could give the children post it notes with happy and sad faces on.

You could then ask them to stick them in places or areas that they like and dislike in the room x

Then obviously evalute and look at the results after x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)