Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interactive Whiteboard Resources

Hi

I have been told by our ICT co-ord that we can have £500 of e-learning credits for YR and Y1.

I am meeting with the Y1 teacher this week.

Does anyone have any strong reccommendations for software to suppport learning in the Foundation stage?

Thanks R

2 simple is fantastic.... easy to use for Yr, Y1 and even Y2. Great publishing, logo, graphs, painting. My Reception love it and it's great to use on the interactive as they can get more control using their fingers rather than a mouse to draw with. Strongly Recommended. They also have a handwriting one which we have just ordered so I can't tell you about it but the blurb looks good.

You might be a able to get a trial run at both these or better still get in touch with the company and ask for a demo :o

Sherston Software have some really good titles - Tizzy, Fizzy, Learning Ladder, At the Vets, At the Cafe, At the Doctors, 123 CD, ABC CD to name a few! They'll let you have them on 30 days evaluation as well.

Little Monster and Just Grandma talking books are good as well but I can't remember the publisher.

Colourcards interactive and Sequences - I think they're published by Granada.

For evaluations of software try www.teem.org.uk

Hope this is helpful.

I echo that 2simple is a fab range! 2animate and 2handwrite are good have that on approval at the moment. Waiting on 2email where you can send emails to different classes/people with out actually going onto internet etc! Leaps and bounds is also good for foundation stage, clicker 4, textease ... whoops got carried away! Espresso is also worth looking into!

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for all your suggestions, I have taken note of them all. The whiteboard is in place and the children love it (so do we).

I shall order the software in the New Year.

Thanks again R

• 1 month later...

The Mouse Club has just published a fantastic new art package for the foundation stage, "Mouse Studio", works a treat on Interactive whiteboards. It has the added bonus of free art activities available on their website. Here is the link to the product https://vault1.secured-url.com/mouseclubsho...errer=mouseclub

If this link fails to work the web address is www.themouseclub.co.uk

Oh yes! and the good news it is only £19.99

Janet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)