Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy And Numeracy Objectives

Hi,

This year has been like a trial and error experience for me as I am new in Reception and I was trying to get my head around the EYFS. Next year we are very likely to be inspected so I am trying to evaluate my planning all the time to make sure it is correct. I do feel like I am still unsure of a couple of things, like, the numeracy and literacy objectives for Reception- with the EYFS in place do we still follow the objectives from the standards site or not? It is just that with the early learning goals, the scale points and everything else I just want to ensure I am right in what I am doing!

Please can someone reassure me with the literacy and numeracy plans, I would really appreciate it! You probably think I am really dumb at this time of year to be asking but I always feel I am missing out something that other people might be doing.

Thanks

You should be planning from the EYFS curriculum- the objectives from the standard site are not compulsury.... some of them you will find fit in well with the guidance from the EYFS. But we don't have to follow the literacy or numeracy strategies.

I don't do seperate plans for lit or num- do a general weekly overview with objectives and a seperte phonics weekly plan. Hope that helps and please don't panic.

L

We have the same sort of system as Lorna. Sep lit & numeracy planning (objectives from EYFS & links to EYFSP), Overview for other areas / continuous provision sheets (updated daily) & sep phonics planning.

Know how you feel about continually evaluating & changing in the hope that one day it will all become clearer though! So you are not on your own there.xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)