Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Observation This Week!

help, i am a nursery teacher in a primary school. mt head knows very little about the foundation stage, so when he has been to observe me he just keeps telling its nice! so he thought it ouwld be a good idea to ask someone from the local authority to come and observe me so they could give me some feedback.

my theme is the 3 bears. have an idea in my head which i hope you can help me with.

thought i would do somehitn on feelings. they could tell me about how the characters in the story were feeling, maybe choose a part in the story when the beras were angry etc. they could then move to angry/happy music and respond with their bodies in an appropriate way??

then for an activity i thought they could paint to the music. so when the angry music is on, they might move more fiercly across the page? etc. is thisis a bit rubbish??!? please feel free to advice! really want a good a lesson! any other ideas on an activty or lesson i could do???

really appreciate the help ali x :o

help, i am a nursery teacher in a primary school. mt head knows very little about the foundation stage, so when he has been to observe me he just keeps telling its nice! so he thought it ouwld be a good idea to ask someone from the local authority to come and observe me so they could give me some feedback.

my theme is the 3 bears. have an idea in my head which i hope you can help me with.

thought i would do somehitn on feelings. they could tell me about how the characters in the story were feeling, maybe choose a part in the story when the beras were angry etc. they could then move to angry/happy music and respond with their bodies in an appropriate way??

then for an activity i thought they could paint to the music. so when the angry music is on, they might move more fiercly across the page? etc. is thisis a bit rubbish??!? please feel free to advice! really want a good a lesson! any other ideas on an activty or lesson i could do???

hi, your ideas sound good,

if you are thinking about using the theme of the 3 bears to explore feelings you could have some props (ie characters from the story, a mummy, daddy and baby bear, 3 sizes of furniture etc) tell the story using the props and throughout challenge children in their thinking by asking 'how do you think mummy bear feels that someone has eaten her porridge' etc.. this will get the children thinking about feelings and what situations make us experince different feelings- then you can move forward and ask children to share times when they have felt happy, sad, angry etc.

you could then move into a music and movement and ask children to move around the room as they would when angry, sad, happy to appropriate music. see if they can match the music to the emotion.

hopes this helps

Lots of great ideas there :o

Try to make sure you've got a balance of adult-directed and child-led experiences, so you don't feel you are formally "teaching" all the time. This will give your advisor a picture of the balanced provision you offer, and take the pressure off you for some of the time; you won't be "performing" all the time and can do the other things that you need to do, eg 1-1 conversations with children, sustained shared thinking, making quick observations on a few children, etc xD

Hi good point to explain that goldilocks should not really of gone into the house without her mummy daddy knowing , .Use props and let the children re act at thier leisure . We did that in our setting they played with it for days . We could not belive the props never got trash , .

Hi good point to explain that goldilocks should not really of gone into the house without her mummy daddy knowing , .Use props and let the children re act at thier leisure . We did that in our setting they played with it for days . We could not belive the props never got trash , .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)