Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Security Door System

Hi,

I'm a Nursery manager in a private setting. we were visited by a lady on Thurday who discussed a thumb scanner to allow parents to enter the building, which we have decided to have. Anyway at the moment we use a door bell system were the staff answer the door and they sign the children in and out, when we have our new system i dont think that would work so it might be an option to ask parents to sign their children in and out.

Does anyone else have a thumb system or a policy and parents signing in and out? does this cause lots of problems??

Thank you for reading any help would be appreciated?

:oxD:(:(

Hi,

I provide casual cover in a nursery with a thumb print entry system.

The parents sign all the children in and out with times just inside the door but the staff also write down which children were present in the room for each session as well.

This system works well.

I think it helps that they know it is for fire safety as much as anything else.

We looked into the thumb scanning but decided against it because we were worried about parents letting themselves in and other unauthorised people following them in

Yes, this was a concern at first for us but the door to the baby room is literally next to the front door so those staff keep an eye on who is going in and out.

It is not a large nursery so that work fine for us.

Not sure about in a larger setting or somewhere that the door is less visible.

I can see were you are coming from!!

We were told that you can put time limits on who enters, for example our morning session is 7:30-1:00 therefore we could put ibnto the computer they can have access from 7:3=1:00 so if they come after the session ends they carnt get into the building. I can understand that you carnt see who the parents are letting in, but we sometimes have that problem with a door bell system. parents have let other parents in when they have left the building.

i would welcome any comments on the scanner good or bad. opinions are very much valved :o

The thumb print scanner is pretty easy to use and reliable. It also save the staff in the baby room from having to keep going to the front door to let people in at their busiest time of the day (handover).

Mind you I don't have any idea of the make or anything.

We have an electronic entry system whereby staff can undo the front gate or the front door from the office

(camera monitored)

With regard to signing children in, Parents sign children both in and out of the session however we also added to the Parent Contract / Registration that if they omit to sign then we reserve the right to charge for a full day! (So far never had to use it but it makes the parents sign!)

Just my 4d worth

The Token Male

Tony

We have an electronic entry system whereby staff can undo the front gate or the front door from the office

(camera monitored)

With regard to signing children in, Parents sign children both in and out of the session however we also added to the Parent Contract / Registration that if they omit to sign then we reserve the right to charge for a full day! (So far never had to use it but it makes the parents sign!)

Just my 4d worth

The Token Male

Tony

Hi Tony

Is there any change i could take a look at your policy for getting parents to sign the children it?

Thanks x

Hi Tony

Is there any change i could take a look at your policy for getting parents to sign the children it?

Thanks x

I will try to sort that out for you, its no problem, won't be till tuesday though as I am not going

in there this weekend lol

Regards

Tony x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)