Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Teaching And Primary Exhibition

HappyMaz

Can we ask what about? :o

You can ask, Wolfie! :(

I overheard the lady manning the Stand talking to the CWDC man who happened to be visiting at the same time as us (and who, incidentally I had earlier flummoxed somewhat by a well-timed question!) saying that we as a workforce needed to get away from the scenario of unqualified 17 year olds working with children.

I pointed out that today's unqualified 17 year olds might well be our future EYPs and as such needed our support and not condemnation. I'm afraid she rather hit one of my 'buttons' and I'm sure I came across as some kind of harridan! I'm afraid MrsWeasley probably felt much as she did at the sixth form open evening when I wanted to quiz the child development teacher only to be offered a nice chat with the textiles teacher. I don't get out of my pram often but when I do its usually worth witnesses! :(

Oh and another gem to share with you: was busily browsing some stand or other when I overheard two people talking about EYPS. One lady was saying to the other "oh well EYPS isn't really about doing the job yourself, its more about going into a setting and telling them how I want things done". I'm proud to say I opened my mouth, closed it again and carried on browsing... xD

Maz

Guest Wolfie
I'm proud to say I opened my mouth, closed it again and carried on browsing... :o

I wish I'd been there with you...we could have done a double act, that comment would have pressed one of MY buttons!

You and I must have been travelling down the M6 at about the same time last night - we should have met up at the services! Next time! xD

I overheard the lady manning the Stand talking to the CWDC man who happened to be visiting at the same time as us (and who, incidentally I had earlier flummoxed somewhat by a well-timed question!) saying that we as a workforce needed to get away from the scenario of unqualified 17 year olds working with children.

Unqualified 17 year olds are the best xD

Although I was a bit concerned you were about to start telling her how I was going to do EYPS :o haha

Yes, I was upset not to meet up with Mrs W and Maz but I did bump into a parent and child from school (not from my class) and also a teacher who used to work at my school!

I had a good chat wit the man from inclusive about the latest product they've made that I want.

However I did feel that the stands weren't great this year. There were more there than last year but so many that weren't interested in you, instead chatting to themselves or the ones that did try and talk to you were selling something you didn't want!

It's quite funny when you say you work in special ed and where the children are at as they try and flog you something!

I overheard the lady manning the Stand saying that we as a workforce needed to get away from the scenario of unqualified 17 year olds working with children.

I'm afraid she rather hit one of my 'buttons' and I'm sure I came across as some kind of harridan! I don't get out of my pram often but when I do its usually worth witnesses! :(

Oh and another gem to share with you: was busily browsing some stand or other when I overheard two people talking about EYPS. One lady was saying to the other "oh well EYPS isn't really about doing the job yourself, its more about going into a setting and telling them how I want things done". I'm proud to say I opened my mouth, closed it again and carried on browsing... :o

U did good!!!!!

I dont suppose Mrs Weasley caught any of this on the camera/video function on her phone?? xD:(