Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Decorating

During the summer holidays I am having major alterations to my classrooms - having walls knocked down to make 3 rooms into 1, and using furniture as dividers between the different areas, ie kitchen area, messy play, role play, home corner etc.

I've decided on wooden tables and chairs, but am unsure of colours for walls and flooring.

Does anyone have any ideas, or colour schemes which will have a nice calming effect on children :o

Would really appreciate any ideas or comments,

many thanks,

jackie.

hi jmb, sounds like a lot of hard work but worth it in the end. I am not sure if I am having a senile moment here but not long ago I remember looking at slides of a setting which had just been decorated (looked fab) and the walls were a very pale pink. I also seem to remember that it had been proven that pale pink was the colour that had the most calming effect on young children. If I remember where I saw the pictures or got the information I will let you know so you can read it. (Just hope it was not a dream!!!), mrsW.x

Oooo how lovely! I would go with cream walls, as said in previous post the 'colour' should come from childrens work, as an addition I would invest in lots of greenery, plants and foliage around the room, to enhance your wooden tables and chairs.

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas, I'm also busy picking out new furniture.

I know I'm really lucky and it's very exciting times, but such hard decisions to make,

and wanting to get it right :o

jackie.

our setting is painted in beige and creams. with blues, browns and green soft furnishings. i backed my display boards in hessian. it looks so natural and calming with all our community play things furniture.