Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re Ofsted Inspection Help Help Help

Hi everyone

I really need peoples help and advice if possible. We are having our R.E. ofsted inspection 2 weeks after the Easter holiday and because we follow the HERE I AM scheme of work our topic after Easter is 'Good News'. I am a Nursery teacher and the amount of time that the inspector will be observing us for is 20 mins and within that time we have to do a small input (recall), differentiated activities and a plenary. I am finding it really hard to fit it all in to the time given and was after any short and snappy ideas for the differentiated activities. They will be observing the RELATE section and what the HERE I AM states for Nursery to do in the input is recall Easter with the children and how they celebrated and recall the ressurection of Jesus etc. Then the main section it disusses the pentecost and the Jesus sending the holy spirit and it suggests role play of emotions and how Jesus' friends were feeling. I find the suggestions quite boring and dont know really how to get the children physically interactive and moving about etc. Does any body have any suggestions for this any would help.

thanks kate

Hi everyone

I really need peoples help and advice if possible. We are having our R.E. ofsted inspection 2 weeks after the Easter holiday and because we follow the HERE I AM scheme of work our topic after Easter is 'Good News'. I am a Nursery teacher and the amount of time that the inspector will be observing us for is 20 mins and within that time we have to do a small input (recall), differentiated activities and a plenary. I am finding it really hard to fit it all in to the time given and was after any short and snappy ideas for the differentiated activities. They will be observing the RELATE section and what the HERE I AM states for Nursery to do in the input is recall Easter with the children and how they celebrated and recall the ressurection of Jesus etc. Then the main section it disusses the pentecost and the Jesus sending the holy spirit and it suggests role play of emotions and how Jesus' friends were feeling. I find the suggestions quite boring and dont know really how to get the children physically interactive and moving about etc. Does any body have any suggestions for this any would help.

thanks kate

Could they use music, movement and art etc to represent the fire, the wind etc? Making the sounds for the different bits and moving like them?

How can you be expected to do an input, activities and a plenary in 20 mins? How will children be able to get into anything in that short time? Is there any way round it? Good luck!

i dnt think there is any way round it i think its ridiculous and agree that it doesnt give children enough time thats why i need it to be as snappy as possible so that we get through the input quite quickly. thanks for the idea emmajess

kate :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)