Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policy On Parents Evenings

Hi Does anyone have a policy about Parents Evenings? If so could I take a peek?

We are a sessional pre school who rent the local church hall. We are holding a parents evening in the summer term so we will be paying for the hire of the room and staff time. My concern is that -I know that some parents are not together and have a feeling that they may request separate meeting times / dates. What do you all do? I think our local school states ONE meeting per child, and leaves it up to the parents to decide whether both parents or one parent attends. I am concerned that if we try to accommodate everyone's individual requests we are going to be making a rod for our own backs as well as being out of pocket - plus I am certain staff will not be prepared to give up more evenings to accommodate parents who won't speak to each other!

We want to write a Policy so that parents are clear of the procedure at the start. Any help, pro formas, etc would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

can't help with policy on parents evenings but thought i'd share what we do, we have an open evening so parents can drop in rather than have a stipulated time, we do it from 6.30-9.00 and find that parents trickle through without a mad rush we do put on the letter that the staff will try to spend at least 10 mins with each key child's parent/s but if a real need to know more they could always make an appointment to come in to session at a convienent time! seems to have always worked for us!

Id suggest similar to debatwrittle that you make time to give feed back for each child on the evening and if that is not enough time to see both parents seperatly then the parents make time during normal opening hours to see a member of staff,

some times parents can be more co-operative if they know that its either be civil on the night or risk having time off work (but sadly not everyone!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)