Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Susan Laughs

I'd like to recommend Susan Laughs, by Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross. It's available from Amazon and the ISBN number is 0099407566.

This book deals with special needs simply and without sentimentality.

I read this book to the children in my care and we had great fun discussing the things that Susan could do ("I do that, too!").

She (and they) can laugh, ride, swim, be loud, have bad dreams, scare Granny(!) Susan is just like me and you, and by the way, she uses a wheelchair, but we don't find that out until the last page.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for that, at the moment myself and the Area SENCO Team are doing disability awareness training and we are encouraging settings to buy resources which reflect differing abilities - this sounds just right.

We have a couple of books about facial disfigurement from an organisation called 'Changing faces' they are well put together and include things like port wine birth marks etc., They also come and do training sessions around facial disfigurement -

think they have a website - yes just checked - www.changingfaces.co.uk

thanks again

lesley :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)