Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flexible Nursery Hours

I have done a search of the forum and read many posts relating to flexible nursery hours. As yet I have no experience of working in a school with a nursery but have been asked to do a presentation on how I would implement the change from from 12.5 hours to 15 hours a week which may be used flexibly by parents/carers. Also how I would approach the task and the questions I would need to ask.

It seems too simplistic to say look at the existing provision, question the parents on the provision they would like to see, look at costings and potential staffing issues and then go about managing the change. The whole thing seems riddled with pitfalls so can anyone give me some help about how they managed the change in a school setting or can point me to anything else on the internet that might help me?

many thanks

Our nursery started providing the 15 hour entitlement in september 07.

Main issue for us was to fit in the extra hour, still provide lunch club and finish in line with school!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we applied the extra half an hour to be used for lunch time.

End of morning sesion..... then lunch or start afternoon session with lunch!

It is a learning experience, a social experience and this has worked really well for us.

We have 2 staff for lunchtimes, though this did go up to 3 during the summer term last year.

Any help?!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)