Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Monitoring Children's Profiles

Hi all,

l have started to monitor/checks the children's profiles on a monthly basis, and sometimes spot checks :o , i am looking for a user friendly proforma to use, not sure how everyone else checks their's.

thanks

Hi all,

l have started to monitor/checks the children's profiles on a monthly basis, and sometimes spot checks :o , i am looking for a user friendly proforma to use, not sure how everyone else checks their's.

thanks

Hi Toro

I have no hard and fast 'check list' when I look through our children's profiles. I tend to look at each area of learning and judging whether or not all areas are being covered over a half term period. If there are 'gaps' in an area I chat to the keyworker

to discuss what activities could be planned to continue to move a child on taking into consideration his interests. We will also speak to parents if we feel a child is not progressing within a certain area and have the profiles on hand to support our discussion.

dottyp

Hi all,

thanks

.... we were advised by our EYA that 'check lists' were a definate no no as the EYFS is not prescriptive xD

Hi we use an individual child tracker to monitor child progress. Each keyworker fills in one for each of their children and each half term I go through to check areas of learning we are missing out and plan for them in our adult lead section. Gives me a really wide view of the children in the setting in the minimum of time!

Kat

Edited by Guest

we dont have a check list, like Dottyp said their not part of the EYFS

do you have a specific purpose for "spot checks"?

if your just looking to monitor the childrens progress then what about linking it with progress reports home to parents? we do a sumative report at the end of each term for parents (and put a copy in their learning journey as a termly over view of the childs progress) its more personal than a check list and more accurate about exactly where the child is at the end of each term

its not a check list but maybe you could devise something along those lines?

Thanks for the replies,

l don't think i made myself clear, i meant monitoring the children's files and giving feedbacks to staff. We have to monitor the folders just to make sure that certain staff's folders are up to date. I am checking to see whether anyone has a proforma.sheet that they use to give feedback to staff and monitor files as evidence for Ofsted/Early Years, hoped i made it clear this time so sorry xD:o

Thanks for the replies,

l don't think i made myself clear, i meant monitoring the children's files and giving feedbacks to staff. We have to monitor the folders just to make sure that certain staff's folders are up to date. I am checking to see whether anyone has a proforma.sheet that they use to give feedback to staff and monitor files as evidence for Ofsted/Early Years, hoped i made it clear this time so sorry xD:o

I had this problem with a couple of staff when the EYFS was introduced in Sept 08 so our committee decided to pay staff per half term extra hours to complete their profiles by a deadline given each half term. This has worked well as staff seem to be able to focus better with a cash incentive! I double check staff planning sheets each week to make sure they are all heading in the right direction. By checking on a weekly basis I have identified one member of staff is really struggling with moving children forward from obs she has taken (2 year olds). This has meant I have been able to take time out with her and explain the process which hopefully will give her the boost she needs to be more confident in completing the Learning Journey's. Tricky when a member

of staff is not willing to take an NVQ/DPP qualification as she is now feeling a little 'left behind' within the team.

dottyp

We dont have a monitoring sheet as such, but parents evening is a termly event at our Playgroup and we have found that it is great for providing a deadline for all of the children's files to be up to date and next steps written etc. Like the previous poster we also pay staff out of hours (2 hours per half-term I believe) do keep files up to date. HTH Zoe.

i audit the development folders every 8 wks, just after the summative assessments should have been completed, i just record finding and give feedback and targets, this is discussed during supervision meetings

i have the form on works computer, i can send it tomorrow if it will be any help

i audit the development folders every 8 wks, just after the summative assessments should have been completed, i just record finding and give feedback and targets, this is discussed during supervision meetings

i have the form on works computer, i can send it tomorrow if it will be any help

Thanks, that would be great if you can :o

Toro

here is form as promised- i have filled it in so you get a feel of what we use it for! i ussually just handwrite them, photocopy and put one in the childs folder and keep the other to discuss during supervision, hope its any use !!

xxxxxxxx.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)