Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Activity

Hi all, I wonder if you could help or give any advice!

Next week I am going for an interview for the post of a teacher in a children's centre, that is attached to a school, I am an NQT (finishing this year, 6 weeks left, Eek!!) and for the interview have been told that there will be a planning activity and to bring a proforma I feel comfortable using, this is all. No clues as to the year group I'm planning for or type of activity. :o I'm pretty nervous and am guessing that the activity they want may be centred around the children in the centre, age range 3 to 5yrs. I no I will have to include staffing and c.provision.

Does any one have any ideas on an activity I could do, I have tought of some, but would love to hear what u all think! Many thanks! All adivce will be taken on board! A very nervous NQT! THANKS! xD

Guest Wolfie

Hi ReezaRee!

Have you been to visit the Children's Centre to have a look around? I ask because many CCs take children from 0-5 so it may be a younger age group that you are given, rather than just the 3-5s. When I was interviewed, I was given a creative activity with the 1-2s!

Have you actually got to plan an activity beforehand - very hard if you don't know the age group - or just take a planning proforma that you are happy completing and working from? What does the letter actually say?

Thanks for replying, the letter says

"The day will involve a planning activity (please bring any planning proforma's you are comfortable with)"

That all!! No mention of an age group, area of learning etc. Hence my worry and feeling a bit lost!

I have been to look around the children's centre on a day visit, and yes there were younger children in the centre, though the lady who showed me roung did mention that they weren't taking babies in that the moment.

What activity did you plan for 1-2yr olds in creativity?

Ohh it doesn't say I will be teaching the activity I plan, just that it is a planning activity.

Many thanks!

Edited by Guest

Guest Wolfie

Aha! I reckon that you might be given some information about a child/group of children and asked to plan an activity to meet their needs based on that information then? So an Activity Plan proforma, covering area of learning, possible learning outcomes, resources, staffing, possible differentiation, etc. should probably be the sort of thing you need. If you haven't got one that you're happy with, do a search on here and you'll find plenty of examples - or look in the Resource Library.

I didn't really get any chance to plan - I knew that I was to be observed with a group of children and no more! They took me to the 1-2s room, presented me with a selection of paper, glue, piant, collage, glitter, etc. and said that I had 10 minutes to set an activity up and then the children would come in! I left it all very open ended and supported individual children in their exploration of the materials.

how did the interview go? you got me interested about what the 'planning' activity might have been/be?!Hope it all went well for you-let us know how you got on!

Hi, just got back from the interview, waiting to hear!Will let you know!

The activity was to plan a weeks worth of planning based on the topic of spring for the children in the cnetre!Not sure I approached it right, but tried my best!Will see!Thanks for all the suggestions

are you going to hear today? I just got back from my interview too and am waiting, not sure when I'm going to hear- i presume it will be today but not sure! Glad it went ok, sounds like quite a task for interview!

How did you think yours went?? Yeah will hear today or 2moz....... its was my 1st interview so the experience will be good if I'm not successful. Yeah I thought it was a bit of a heavy task, oh well!Will wait and see!

Hi, I got the phone call today, I didn't get the job for the teacher in the children's centre! But, they did ask me back next week for an interview for the year 1 post!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)