Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Nurse

Hi all. I am trying to persuade my fab Nursery Nurse to train and become a qualified teacher/practitioner. Currently, she has a B Tech National Diploma in Childhood studies. Can anyone let me know what would be her most direct route to becoming fully qualified?

Thanks, Anje

yes, i would like to know the answer to this myself!! I have the Btec National Diploma in Early years.Most of my plcements were in schools bywhichI gained excellent reports.The reception teacher says how she still misses me now.I think I 'm going to get a job as a TA for a few years first though to make sure I definitely want to do it.There's somrthing about teaxhing chidren and giving them new skills.I would need my Maths GCSE frst.Yes who knows the quickest route!!

hi ladies, well i am a btec qualified nursey nurse an di am trying to get to the point of being teacher trained. Sadly as i have no degree i need to do that first and then teacher training. there are quite a few different ways to do your teacher training, depending on your preferred learning style. however whatever route you take, withour a degree it will take 4 years minimum. bummer eh? i am in my second (and final) year of FOundation degree in Early Years which is a work based way of doing the first 2 years of your degree, the good thing about this is that i still get a monthly wage but it is minus the day i am at uni. there is also an evening that i have to attend each week. i hope this helps a little. x Alternatively you can look on the TDA website and the http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/ may be able to help x

hi ladies, well i am a btec qualified nursey nurse an di am trying to get to the point of being teacher trained. Sadly as i have no degree i need to do that first and then teacher training. there are quite a few different ways to do your teacher training, depending on your preferred learning style. however whatever route you take, withour a degree it will take 4 years minimum. bummer eh? i am in my second (and final) year of FOundation degree in Early Years which is a work based way of doing the first 2 years of your degree, the good thing about this is that i still get a monthly wage but it is minus the day i am at uni. there is also an evening that i have to attend each week. i hope this helps a little. x Alternatively you can look on the TDA website and the http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/ may be able to help x

Thanks for that, I knew it wouldn't be easy! It seems very harsh when you work so hard during the day to have to do an evening as well, although keeping a wage must be vital! and a bonus.

Anje

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)