Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pack Away Settings

HELP. We are in a local village hall, where we have been for 4 years. We have been asking for a contract for over a year now so that we can formalise our aggreement with the hall. They have finally come up with a 'regular users contract' which I do not feel covers us very well. They want to put 1months notice either side etc. does any one have a contact that they could show me so that I can explain to them that I need to be treated differently then the gardening club, ballet and WI !!! I will try to post the contract for all to see. Ant suggestions most greatfully received.

Lardylady

we contacted our development worker and she provided guidance for us when we needed to do a rental agreement, have you tried contacting yours.... just a thought...

she said we need to include:

which part of the premesis we were renting

who the landlord was

term of contract

what the rent is

utilities - who pays what bills

insurance - define who is responsible

Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ....... did you have any luck with finding a suitable contract between you and village hall? Am in same position! Looked at the Pre-School Learning Alliance's which seemed abit complicated and difficult to understand (but I am blond!). Can you let me know how you got on?

We hire the village hall from Hall Trustees and have done so since 1974. We recently asked for a copy

of our lease for our records and they said they had no idea where a copy would be!!! They have not been too helpful

over producing a copy or even drawing up a new one! I will however speak to our chair person tomorrow and

ask if she did eventually have any joy. If so, I am happy to post it on FSF :o

dottyp

I think there is a difference between 1 months notice of unnavailability of hall or 1 months notice of termination of contract, so this isn't very clear. You have funding agreements (NEG) and other types of agreements such as employment contracts etc, and I would assume a terms notice would be more feasible re: terminating hiring contract. Maybe you need to devise your own contract including issues that they may not have mentioned, ie: sole use, no public access during hiring times, responsibility for repairs, H&S, etc etc, plus ideas already mentioned by others. Then ask for a meeting to re-negotiate the agreement.

Peggy