Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numeracy

Hi all, wondered if anyone could offer ideas for a very practical, fun numeracy lesson for a group of 20 reception kids? i am being observed and want to make it wow! Any strand of maths will be fine!

thanks with much begging, anje! :o

Hi all, wondered if anyone could offer ideas for a very practical, fun numeracy lesson for a group of 20 reception kids? i am being observed and want to make it wow! Any strand of maths will be fine!

thanks with much begging, anje! :o

Hi there, I did weight for my observation and it went great. I had clear plastic jars filled with different things e.g corks, pasta, cotton wool which I passed around for the children to feel the weight and discuss with their partner which they felt was the heaviest and lightest. We went on to choose 2 to weight using balances to eliminate the heaviest and then weighed the last 2. The children ordered them from heaviest to lightest. I had signs with the words on too. Worked quite qell and the children enjoyed the hands on bit. Hope this is of some use?

Hi there, I did weight for my observation and it went great. I had clear plastic jars filled with different things e.g corks, pasta, cotton wool which I passed around for the children to feel the weight and discuss with their partner which they felt was the heaviest and lightest. We went on to choose 2 to weight using balances to eliminate the heaviest and then weighed the last 2. The children ordered them from heaviest to lightest. I had signs with the words on too. Worked quite qell and the children enjoyed the hands on bit. Hope this is of some use?

Thanks, that will be a good practical lesson!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)