Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Daily And Weekly Lesson Plans To Cover The

:o Please help anyone

I am starting my first early years placement as a second year student on Monday and have no idea what format to use to write a daily and weekly plan to cover the weekly play activities and early learning goals, can anyone help. Any advice would be appreciated as to what format I should use.

Thanks

Hi jessam and welcome.

You say you are a second year student but what course are you doing? Your course tutors ought to have covered this with you if this is part of you responsibility. Have you been given no guidelines? Are you supposed to use the formats of your setting, perhaps?

Otherwise, perhaps a simple table with learning intentions and activities would suffice until you can get more specific guidance?

Sorry should have explained better, second year primary teaching degree (4 year course). Last year placed in year 2 so early years is new to me. I have been given brief guidelines on the areas to be covered but just unsure as to the most affective way to plan incorporating the areas of learning and play activities per week. Just looking for experienced people to possibly advise me on the most practical way to do this.

Hi there Jessam

Have you asked your placement teacher. It's usual to follow the settings own format so that your are singing from the same hym sheet. Check with the school/setting first; you don't want to be creating any extra work for yourself.

Ooops sorry just re read your post and you start tomorrow :o

Check out the link Susan provided if you haven't done so already but then do check with the setting to see if they want you to use their own format... it helps to have continuity. Hope all goes well with your placement

Liza

Hi Jessam,

Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end, is there?!!

I'd agree with everything above, but if you feel you want to walk in tomorrow with some planning of your own, I'd divide a sheet of paper into the six areas of learning, and plan one activity for each, giving a stepping stone/ELG to work towards.

In terms of the organisation of your day, you'll need, for the sake of the children, to keep it close to the teacher's structure; have you been in for a visit so that you know the basic order? If not, then, assume you have a registration period/circle time first thing, followed by activities. Then a snack/milk/breaktime, and possible assembly. Activities until lunch, (maybe get together for songs/rhymes or stories before lunch). Then repeat for the afternoon!

Having said all this, I'm assuming you're going into a reception class, and not a nursery?

Thanks for the advice everyone I will use it all and hopefully survive my first day. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow in my reception class.

Thanks again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)