Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creche

surfer

I am trying to improve practice in the creches at our centre and wondered if anyone has any examples of planning for the sessions. Most children come to us maybe 1 or 2 times per week and are only with us for about 2-3 hours for the session. We don't know how many will turn up each week - and they range in age from 3 months to 3 years in small numbers of 3 to 6.

Any ideas?

Hi

Our CC creche opened a few weeks ago and we have two creche sessions per week. At the moment we have 6/8 children per session (they are coming regularly) the rest are 'occasional' users. The planning I have done is similar to the pre-school planning that I used to do, but not so detailed, in fact its very basic! We observe children's interests and incorporate that into the plans. We are still developing and trying to work out the best way to do things! I would be interested in seeing other people's creche plans too.

Being a creche means that we dont have to follow the EYFS but we have all policies and procedures in place and have started scrap books for the children, key person groups etc etc but it is much harder when the children arnt with you for that long!

jx

We dont do formal planning for creches the room is layed out in learning areas and a range of toys are available for the children choose from,

we provide a craft activity so the children have something to take home (if they want)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)