Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sead (seal)

Hi in my reception class we are focusing on the emotional development of a target group of children. We are currently working with our preschool to provide opportunities for them to play alongside and with younger children aswell as targeting them in our own play environment. With the main reason is that they have never had the opportunity to play and need it to be modelled to them

From a course the other day outlining the SEAD document to us we now have our own puppet and am planning circle time sessions to model different situations (or issues that have arisen on the playgorund)to help show the puppet how to learn and behave in school. He will be working with all children esp target group so they can show him how to share, play with others.

We are planning to have our own seal area that children can go to for time out/if they have a problem in our own classroom on the advice from it is what we should be doing. I personally think it is a great idea to help children with any emotional problems. IF anyone has any pictures of a similar idea or area i would be very grateful.

I think it will benefit these type of children that come to school with many barriers to learning.

I am wondering if there are any other activities other people are doing that I could try and have similar children

Sorry, cant help but I think its a lovely idea. Soft cushions and relaxation music is all that comes to mind but I suppose thats a bit obvious.. Please let us all know; I like this idea a lot.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for painting such a lovely picture of what you do. :o It looks like you are leading the way on this one, unless someone else has anything to share? xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)