Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Colour And Light

This is our next topic, starting in a couple of weeks. We have some ideas and have role play, interactive display etc sorted out, but what i am really interested in is any ideas for activites, as ours are quite limited.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi!

This is our topic as well. We have started by looking at the seasons and Autumn colours (autumn walk, leaf prints etc) and are doing day and night next week. We're then going on to cover sources of light-the moon and stars (linking to Eid) and then Christmas lights. I've included our KUW medium term plan-not much detail sorry...mixing paints is always a good one-adding white to make different shades. Let me know if you have any other ideas. I find fitting it all in and deciding WHAT to do the hardest bit! :o

kuw_a2.doc

Hi

Here's some stuff in no particular order at all.

Torches/batteries - IT

Coloured hands, one blue one yellow rub them together and produce green hand prints. Red & yellow make orange etc.

Shadow play

Coloured hoops/discs - sort objects by colour ie other toys from the setting or compare bears or anything - Maths

Will try and think of some more

Sue

Ooh, I really like your coloured hands activity Sue. So simple, yet I can imagine my children really enjoying it as we have just done priniting with different hand parts.

Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)