Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception End Of Year Report

We are looking at changing the format of our end of year reports. Does anyone have an example they could share please! We're having 'heated' discussions with our FS co-ordinator about how they should be structured! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx!

I am preschool DebbieG so unfortunately I can't help. What 'heated discussion' is going on? Maybe you could give us an idea about how you would like to change it and what they are saying in exchange. Is there a set way for you to lay it out? Do you have to follow headings from the EYE profile? I think that if it isn't 'supposed' to be set out a certain way, surely it should be up to the individual school/setting!! :o

Hi Debbie,

My early years advisor was very keen that we didn't do reports, as the learning journey says it all.

However, I'm quite happy to write a report twice a year, one at the end of the Christmas term, and one at the end of the summer term. Although they are now a little briefer than they used to be.

It focuses on what sort of a child they are, ie, happy, friendly, helpful etc, and a brief summary of what they have achieved, although this is in their journeys.

Hope that helps, although it doesn't really say much does it?

jackie.

Guest budgie1

If you are in a reception class and using the eye profile this will generate a report. This could be given alongside the learning journey. :o

This is the one we used last year but had next steps rather than targets.........

The parents of course were also encouraged to be part of their children's learning journal and contributed to evidence gathered to support profiles.

blank_format.doc not sure if it has worked!!!!

We haven't thought about how it may need to be changed this year yet.

I am preschool DebbieG so unfortunately I can't help. What 'heated discussion' is going on? Maybe you could give us an idea about how you would like to change it and what they are saying in exchange. Is there a set way for you to lay it out? Do you have to follow headings from the EYE profile? I think that if it isn't 'supposed' to be set out a certain way, surely it should be up to the individual school/setting!! :o

We are looking to use a 'tick' system- column 1 still working on; column 2 secure in, with a comment at the end of each of the 6 areas. Statements are taken from the profile and made 'user freindly'- no technical speak with additional ones to show where they can 1:1 count to, what numbers they recognise, what CVC words are etc. There will be a 'General comments box to sum up the report. OUr Nursery have to complete the Learning journey format and spend hours personalising it for each child. They are anti our suggestions as they feel parents wont like it and it means that our workload is reduced!!! We are trying to work 'smart' and our Head and Deputy are in agreement. Quite a difficult situation!!!

Thanks for all your replies!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)