Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Foundation Degree - Analysing Observations

Has anyone got any advise or examples they'd be willing to share of analysing observations for the Early Years Foundation Degree?

I missed the uni session when this was discussed, due to ill health, and the tutors are not being very helpful at recapping on what was discussed and from discussing with other students on the course it seem no-one is overly clear of what to do.

I have completed the observations and researched the theorists perspectives but am finding it really hard to link the two in an understandable way.

Any help or advise would be most appreciated...

Naomi :o

Edited by Guest

Hi Naomi and welcome to the forum. I'm going to move this out of Policies and Procedures for you. There are plenty of people on the forum who are doing/have done the Foundation Degree and I am sure they will be able to help you. :o

Has anyone got any advise or examples they'd be willing to share of analysing observations for the Early Years Foundation Degree?

I missed the uni session when this was discussed, due to ill health, and the tutors are not being very helpful at recapping on what was discussed and from discussing with other students on the course it seem no-one is overly clear of what to do.

I have completed the observations and researched the theorists perspectives but am finding it really hard to link the two in an understandable way.

Edited by cupcake

Hi Claire

thank you for your suggestions!

I noticed you refereed to different lines in your observation, do you number each line of all observations?

I have to do four observations on the same child using different areas of development for each, then analise each observation individually against the norms, curriculum and theory before bringing all four obs together in one essay!

Thanks again for your help!

Naomi

Hi Claire

thank you for your suggestions!

I noticed you refereed to different lines in your observation, do you number each line of all observations?

I have to do four observations on the same child using different areas of development for each, then analise each observation individually against the norms, curriculum and theory before bringing all four obs together in one essay!

Thanks again for your help!

Naomi

Hi Naomi,

Yes I have always lined my obs, it makes it easier when refering different sections (word will do it automatically if you click the line numbering box) it also makes it easier for the marker, saves them having to trawl through your ob looking for the various parts you are pointing out in your text.

Claire x

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)