Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning - Weekly - Daily - What Do You Do?

Wondered if anyone would be willing to share how they plan for Foundation Stage ie weekly onto daily. Am struggling to find a format that works and am hoping i can make something that works for me.

Look forward to hearing from you

xx

Wondered if anyone would be willing to share how they plan for Foundation Stage ie weekly onto daily. Am struggling to find a format that works and am hoping i can make something that works for me.

Look forward to hearing from you

xx

I am constantly changing how I plan but for last term (and this hopefully...!) I've settled on these formats... I have no idea how correct they are but they work for me!

I do an overview of the topic i'm approaching so sort of a mini med term plan but ideas taken from either the children's obs or the EyeProfile areas of need. Then, I do a weekly plan that has quite a lot of detail. I plan my environment enhancements until Weds each week and then adapt according to the children's interests and complete seperate phonics plans.

I hope you find them useful!

2_week_overview_safari.doc

weekly_plan230209.doc

Plan_for_safari_role_play.doc

Rowan_Class_Phonics_Plans_Term_4_Week_1_beginning_23rd_February_2009.doc

Qx

queline I like how you have an independent column in your phonics planning I might try that! It makes sense as it should be all about their own application.

Thank you queline your planning looks very good, we plan a bit like you. i like your weekly/daily planning format its very easy to follow. I will be going back to school tomorrow to suggest a few changes to ours :)

Thanks again

Hi queline

I notice on your planning you run three group times a day and phonics. Can I ask what your daily routine looks like as I only seem to manage three sessions a day including phonics if I could solve this it would make my planning much easier.

Thanks

Jay

Hi queline

I notice on your planning you run three group times a day and phonics. Can I ask what your daily routine looks like as I only seem to manage three sessions a day including phonics if I could solve this it would make my planning much easier.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

I've uploaded by timetable - we do have a very long morning which helps i think. I would like to say that only one group works with an adult in session 1 and it is normally a short activity so most children get their 45-60minutes child initiated then.

Rowan_timetable_term_4.doc

Hope it's helpful

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've just joined the forum, I'm an NQT in a reception class. I am finding it difficult to timetable in all the expected sessions by school and EYFS, and feel I'm loosing the EY's ethos, I really like the looks of quelines timetable and was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share their timetable, so I can get couple of ideas of ways to fit everything in but still remain EYs!?

ANything would be really really appreciated!

Thank you

xx

Thank you, have spent time looking through the resources on here and am finding some really useful planning, timetabling! I also work in a Reception unit with 61 children and 3 adults [2T and 1TA]. We have pressures to include shared read, write, numeracy and of course phonics every day aswell as 20min independetn CLL adn PRSN. Then a guided read, write and 2 guided numeracy a week, just feels very forced and I'm unable to spend time among the children's play. So thank you for your timetables etc :o

xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)