Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Report/essay!?

sharonash

Ive recently started the first year at uni for the foundation degree.

Like many others on here Im finding it very hard. I love the course but cant get motivated at home to knuckle down and write! I have 5 children run the Nursery and beginning to think what have I done!

Thought Id spend the day today doing "my report" as it has to be handed in on tuesday, yes last minute I know but Ive been to and thro from hospital over the past 2 months, had Oftsed and Eccers audit all in the past 2 eeks, to top it all off today "my study day" I had to sit in A&E as my son dislocated his shoulder today, was going to take my laptop but thought better not!

It is the universitys first year in running this course and we are the guinee pigs however its a bit disorganised

I have a report to write on Disability /Inclusion can you tell me how this is different from an essay. Ive mailed the tutor but she hasnt replied yet.

I'm sorry I don't know!! xD Just wanted to say good luck and don't feel to disheartened, we all go through feelings like this when we start a course, you will get over it and I am sure you will breeze it when you get into it!! :o

best of luck I know the feeling I was running a nursery and have 5 children but the good news is I am nearly finished my second year so keep at it. We were told a report has an introduction and headings and a conclusion as well as the information ohers have said. An essay is written in story format.

I found this and thought it might be useful. good luck

killowengirl

5_reportwriting.pdf

Ive recently started the first year at uni for the foundation degree.

Like many others on here Im finding it very hard. I love the course but cant get motivated at home to knuckle down and write! I have 5 children run the Nursery and beginning to think what have I done!

Thought Id spend the day today doing "my report" as it has to be handed in on tuesday, yes last minute I know but Ive been to and thro from hospital over the past 2 months, had Oftsed and Eccers audit all in the past 2 eeks, to top it all off today "my study day" I had to sit in A&E as my son dislocated his shoulder today, was going to take my laptop but thought better not!

It is the universitys first year in running this course and we are the guinee pigs however its a bit disorganised

I have a report to write on Disability /Inclusion can you tell me how this is different from an essay. Ive mailed the tutor but she hasnt replied yet.

A report is a bit like a case study, you have to arrange the subsections under different headings, where as an essay is continuos prose, broken down into paragraphs.

I have attached a casestudy/report that I have had marked, I am also on the first year of a teaching degree, I hope this helps in some way.

Claire x

case_study.docx

I would like to help, but part of one of my first modules was to write a report and I don't know how I did yet!!!

Results (preliminary grades) expected today!

We were told it is like an essay but with headings that break up each section.

In fact we were told to write our essays like a report and then take out the headings!

Good luck.

I am off to college today ad have 2 more modules due in about 6 weeks.

Had hoped to get on top of at least one during half term.......... but life gets in the way, and the children, the vets, friends, washing, cleaning.............

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)