Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Best Role Play Area

:o I like you try to have different role play areas and have tried lots.

We have done the Deep dark wood from the gruffalo - using lots of green material,paper trees on walls,logs and twipgs picked u from local woods,furry hedgehogs,rabbits, frogs,birds etc we also used this to read the stroy to small groups which they loved.

We have also done an argos- good for number recognition picked up pens and tickets from local argos ,laminated bays a-d ,argos books etc.

Baby clinic, doctors,chinese restaurant,post office,beach shop,vets,ice cream parlor,florist( this then got extended byy the children to a wedding as one of the childrens mums worked in one so showed them how to make bouquets.

St Georges day - we made a castle with turrets and covered all plates cupe etc in tin foil and made a fire(not a real one!!) to cook on and made maidens hats, and shields from old cardboard and ye youve guessed it tin foil.

Garden Centre Jungle .

How did you make your castle role play area?

• 2 weeks later...

Those ideas are great, and the booklet gives good idea. I’m working on changing the home corner in a nursery room for children 20-30 months and finding it hard to do something they will recognise more.

I am thinking hairdressers at the moment. We have a kitchen in the home corner the moment, but I have heard that it needs to stay there so am not sure about making space but will see. I thought the home corner could be changed, and as long as food and teaset are available to play with this could be changed. I have gained some great ideas from here and look forward to seeing how the children enjoy them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)