Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Methodology

jam17

I am in process of doing research on outdoor play for second year of my Foundation Degree. We have to start by doing drafts of various areas and am stuck on methodology and referencing for it, can anyone help or advise? :o

Do you mean you have to do a draft of your methodology? Do you know what your trying to find out? In methodology you need to discuss which methods you are going to use to anser your question and why you are using them, do you have Judith Bell's book or Robert-Holmes? If so you can reference these to back up your choice for your methods. DOes that make sense?

Do you mean you have to do a draft of your methodology? Do you know what your trying to find out? In methodology you need to discuss which methods you are going to use to anser your question and why you are using them, do you have Judith Bell's book or Robert-Holmes? If so you can reference these to back up your choice for your methods. DOes that make sense?

Yes am going to go about doing research and methods/methodology will be using such as parent questionnaire and colleague interviews on outdoor play in my setting! and why am doing research. Is that along the right lines?

Thanks

Hello jam

When i did FD i chose to do my research on Child Protection training so in the methodology i wrote about a visit i did to find out what child protection training was available at present time.

I also wrote about a visit to my Local Safeguarding Children Board.

For my primary research i decided to use self completion questionnaires. I did two questionnaires one for parents and the other for childcare practitioners.

I did two interviews to assist me in my research so they were also included in my methodology.

So basically in the methodology i wrote about each of these in detail.

(You need to talk about qualitative and quantitative data)

You also need to mention the different ways of undertaking research and all involve the use of what is termed primary and secondary research.

When i first got this assignment i found it really daunting and thought i would never be able to do it, but i found the book that wendles mentioned (Judith Bell)very helpful and simple to follow.I ended up getting the top mark in the group!!!!!.Hope i have been some help-ask again if you need help with any of the other parts of the assingment.

Hello jam

When i did FD i chose to do my research on Child Protection training so in the methodology i wrote about a visit i did to find out what child protection training was available at present time.

I also wrote about a visit to my Local Safeguarding Children Board.

For my primary research i decided to use self completion questionnaires. I did two questionnaires one for parents and the other for childcare practitioners.

I did two interviews to assist me in my research so they were also included in my methodology.

So basically in the methodology i wrote about each of these in detail.

(You need to talk about qualitative and quantitative data)

You also need to mention the different ways of undertaking research and all involve the use of what is termed primary and secondary research.

When i first got this assignment i found it really daunting and thought i would never be able to do it, but i found the book that wendles mentioned (Judith Bell)very helpful and simple to follow.I ended up getting the top mark in the group!!!!!.Hope i have been some help-ask again if you need help with any of the other parts of the assingment.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply and for your help!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)