Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enabling Environment Training

Hi All,

I'm going to be running some training on the Enabling Environment within a nursery setting for practitioners across my borough. I have a 'vague' summary for the day which may include:

• What does an enabling environment look like
  • Routine of the day and are they necessary?
  • snack time Vs snack bar
  • adult led and child led activities
  • role of the practitioner
  • outdoor environment
  • open-ended play

If anyone has any other ideas, resources, training that I could have a look at, they would be much appreciated.

I also need to build up a website, books and resources list. I have the learning through landscapes and community playthings websites so far, so this really needs some help.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you Jenni, a colleague in Sutton uses ECERS and it completely passed me by that it may be helpful for this. Great idea. I did get a nice response from Martine who wrote the Enabling Environments article in the articles section on this site so I'm feeling much better about the day now.

Another way to look at enabling environment is too take a look at well being and involvement - fere leuvres from the belgium institute (not sure on spelling)

this is a great tool to use in your setting we have been lucky to have had lots of training on this and it is excellent to use

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)