Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Ideas For Teaching About Islam?

Hi! We're having a World Faith's Week next half term and want to teach the children about Islam. As we have no Muslim children in the school and I have never taught about this religion before I am desperate for some ideas. When is Eid?

Thanks for any ideas/linksX

HI Zim

Eid is on 14th November. If you go to the bottom of the main index page, where all the forums are listed, underneath the list of all the members who are in the forum at the time and the chat room and birthdays there is a calendar of forthcoming events. Steve has very kindly put a link in to a site all about Eid etc.

Linda

Hi Zim

A good book to read to the children is Samira's Eid by Nasreen Aktar. It is about two children preparing for and celebrating Eid. Your can buy it as a dual language book to add further interest.

Fay

Thanks fay, I think our school may have some books about Eid in the library but the whole school will probably be wanting to use them that week so I'm goping to try and get hold of a copy of this for the foundation stage. Cgheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)