Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Interview Help Needed

Hi,

I've got an interview at a school with a high percentage of EAL Reception class children. THe activity has to be based around CLL...anyone got any suggestions as to what is a good idea. I thought maybe Brown Bear or Polar Bear, but not 100% sure if that is any good.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm NQT looking for job, so it's rather daunting and nervewracking!!!

Hi Amelie

I notice from your other post that you have a 20 minute slot. Both those texts are nice but you need to think about how you would develop them.

Just because the children are EAL doesnt mean you cant be ambitious, maybe Goldilocks would be better for concepts and language development?

You need to be interactive and engaging, think about visuals and puppets to retell the story etc with whatever you chose.

If you can outline more ideas it may be easier to help you. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with what you choose to do. You have passed the first hurdle and completed an application form that interests the school, well done!

Well I have a new book called Walking Through the Jungle where a child hears some sounds and the text asks what it could be...so I could give out puppets and children could do noises and say name of animal. (Don't know if you know this story)

Same sort of thing with Brown Bear and Polar Bear.

I could do Goldilocks there is actually a song that goes with it...don't know if you know it...When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears....but not sure what else could do.

Not really sure how else to elaborate!

If you have any more suggestions!

Thanks

Amelie

Sorry Amelie, forgot to get back to you on this one and unfortunately no one else seems to have responded either, which is unusual.

I dont know whether youre interview has taken place already but I do hope that you are sorted now.

Unfortunately I haven't had any luck at the moment with interviews, have had good responses each time but they have ended up going to more experienced teachers rather then me who is an NQT. So it is all rather frustrating!!!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)