Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baby/toddler Planning

Hi

i was wondering if any of you lovely people could help with a planning format for 0-5's. I am used to planning for 2-5's (having previously worked in a pre-school) but I feel decidely wobbly about 0-5's. I am working in a creche which wants to obide by the EYFS. I have a lack of experience with the under two's!!!

Any examples, hints or tips would be gratefully received!

Jx

Guest jane707

The best thing you can do for the 0 - nearly 3 agegroup is to observe their play and plan from your observations.

Then you annotate your observations with links to the Eyfs learning and devleopment grids, speak to parents and get their input / find out what their children are doing at home and work out their next steps.

They will not appreciate your carefully thought out planning ... unless it follows what they want to do.

Hi,

I have attached a format for some baby room planning. I am an advisor so don't actually use this form but it is one of the formats that I have collected as a suggestion. It could surely be improved upon but is a good starting point. I hope that it helps.

I also attached one that I have used for slightly older children.

Julie

Baby_room_planning.doc

Planning_using_six_areas_with_learning_intentions.doc

Hi,

I have attached a format for some baby room planning. I am an advisor so don't actually use this form but it is one of the formats that I have collected as a suggestion. It could surely be improved upon but is a good starting point. I hope that it helps.

I also attached one that I have used for slightly older children.

Julie

Are these planning sheets used with each other or 2 ideas?

The planning from obs sheet- this is probably a really obvious question what are you putting in the columns under monday to friday against the areas of learning, activities with childrens names or developmental matters or? does this then get transferred onto another sheet showing when and where this activity will happen ie indoors/outdoors/area within the nursery?

Are these planning sheets used with each other or 2 ideas?

The planning from obs sheet- this is probably a really obvious question what are you putting in the columns under monday to friday against the areas of learning, activities with childrens names or developmental matters or? does this then get transferred onto another sheet showing when and where this activity will happen ie indoors/outdoors/area within the nursery?

Ok, baby is eating so here goes...

Using last weeks observations on key children I would then decide what my learning intentions for them for this week were going to be. Under Mon to Fri I would write the activity, resource or play item that I was going to provide to fit in with my learning itention, i.e. last week I noticed that my group of babies were starting to notice things rolling so this week I would have a number of resources that I could do a rolling activity with. I would then say under KUW 'rolling activity' using ramp, car, corks, bottles, etc I would then say in CLL words that I was going to use during this activity. Not all areas need to be filled out as adult focused activities and some just might show what you are providing i.e. smelly bags in creative.

This format is not my favourite and the two were to be used as one or the other and not in conjuction. I have another more preferred format, with headings such as books and music, large creative, small creative; but it is saved on the work computer so will attach that tomorrow from work if I get two minutes.

Hope this is OK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)