Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Positional/directional Activities

Hi

I have planned to cover positional/directional language linked to 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt'. I was just wondering what lovely ideas you could add to my week as you all come up with such fab things to do!

(I have a FS2 class.)

Thanks

I used to play a game with our nursery's "Scruffy Dog", playing hide and seek and giving children ideas about where he could be found - behind the sand tray, on top of the shelves, etc.etc. - and then encouraging them to hide him and give the clues to check their usage of the language. They always enjoyed that game. :o

We put hoops on the floor in a grid pattern (3 x3 to strat with) and one child was the remote control toy and another had the control.Which ever hoop the child choose to start in we placed a target star in another hoop and the second child had to direct the first child to it- 1 forward,3 sideward etc. Once they got the hang of it we made it more difficult wiht more hoops (4x4) and introduce 'stories' that meant having to complete a task before going to base. eg child was the bee and she had to collect the flower before going to the hive.

I have an action rhyme that counts to 10 using direction but its at work.I will look it up

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)