Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time And Story Time Planning

I currently plan for Whole Group Time each day. This is a story/circle time/R.E./circle-games. I only include learning objectives that are specific to that activity - I have my 'routine' continuous provision sheet which is displayed beside the carpet area and includes development matters statements such as 'Listen to stories with increasing attention and recall'. This group time can change depending on what has happened in that session e.g. if they have really enjoyed a story and would like to hear it again.

I don't know whether this is right or wrong but it seems to be working for us at the moment. I'm not sure whether we are reading enough stories (usually 2/3 times per week in whole group) but we do read stories to individuals or small groups through the session. I have tried to organise the session so the children get as much uninterrupted play as possible.

Will be interested to hear what other people do.

Green Hippo x

I currently plan for Whole Group Time each day. This is a story/circle time/R.E./circle-games. I only include learning objectives that are specific to that activity - I have my 'routine' continuous provision sheet which is displayed beside the carpet area and includes development matters statements such as 'Listen to stories with increasing attention and recall'. This group time can change depending on what has happened in that session e.g. if they have really enjoyed a story and would like to hear it again.

I don't know whether this is right or wrong but it seems to be working for us at the moment. I'm not sure whether we are reading enough stories (usually 2/3 times per week in whole group) but we do read stories to individuals or small groups through the session. I have tried to organise the session so the children get as much uninterrupted play as possible.

Will be interested to hear what other people do.

Green Hippo x

thanks x also Would you be able to share your routine continious prov sheet please?

No problem. I'm being brave - it's the first time I've uploaded something!!

There are a lot of statements but have included all those that are continually covered by the listed daily activities. On weekly/daily plans will include these if I really want to focus on a particular objective.

Green Hippo xx

routines.doc

Edited by green hippo

No problem. I'm being brave - it's the first time I've uploaded something!!

There are a lot of statements but have included all those that are continually covered by the listed daily activities. On weekly/daily plans will include these if I really want to focus on a particular objective.

Green Hippo xx

Youve done better than me I've never uploaded anything,I did try its actually quite scary isnt it! theres probably something here on the site that tells us how to do it!!

Well done anyway and thanks a bunch! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)