Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Different Patterns Of Attendance

This is one of those things I can probably get my head round if I spend long enough pondering it but thought there might be some of you with more expereince who could give me some tips.

I work in a school nursery so have traditionally planned for 5 sessions each week and repeated these for the separate morning and afternoon sessions.

We are now able to offer parents a range of ways to take up their 15 hours and wraparound care in addition. So I now have some children who continue to attend the 5 morning or afternoon sessions, others who attend part time but not every day, and others who attend full days.

So I would love any tips / things i need to consider when planning my week - particularly in reference to

planning the day - feel afternoon children should expereince group times etc planned for morning children but obviously full day children shouldn't do something twice.

planning the week - would previously have planned for example a numeracy activity on monday, art on tues... and as children attended every day it was easy to monitor coverage.

thanks in advance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)