Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Language Problems

I have a Polish boy in my class who despite input from all is making little progress in developing his english. SENCO has asked me to write an Individual Language Programme for him along same lines as IEP's and IBP's just wondered if anyone else had a format already in use that they would share with me! Thanks. :o

I have alot of children who don't speak english and if its any reassurance we often have children that don't speak any english with us but go on to school and speak perfect english. Give him time and no pressure and he'll speak in his own time.

Does he speak polish ok at home? Does he understand what you are asking him? If he does then it is just a matter of him not feeling confident enough in your class to speak, and don't forget that children go through a silent period before they start talking another language.

Has he been in the country long? As someone who has learnt another language he won't speak until he feels confident enough with the people he is with. Just carry on giving him the vocabulary and language that he needs and you will find in the next class he will be fine.

Good luck he will get it in the end bless him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)