Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finally Taken Over The Nursery Need Some Lovely Peoples Help Plllleeee

Guest whizzbang

Guest whizzbang

Hi there, having had a term of hell working 'alongside' the should- have- retired-in 1971- FS1 manager am now manager of FS1 and 2. I have taken them through ofsted, fs2 did really well fs1 needs help, they are stuck in the dark ages. I have totally revamped all assessment and ofsted were pleased, next step planning.

I would love people to give me a complete run down of every type of planning you do, from broad and balanced, long term if you have it and short term, wether you plan for the individual, group or 'class'. I have lots of ideas but i think uinitially i will have to plan for them and hand it over gradually. I know i could do a search on the forum but i always seem to get lost lookng at everyones lovely ideas, so anyone with christmas cheer who would lvoe to share please please do!!!

thanks in advance xxx

Hello

Not sure I canhelp you .I aslo spent 8 years wroking in BFG in FS1 and FS2. I found when i moved back to uk in 2005 alot of what we put into practice was not dont here and vice versa. You may have to explaing tthat FS1 in preschool and fs2 in receptopn class. Has the EYFS came into practice over there now????. I no longer worj in that area but in creches which is differant again. I really miss working over there so good luck and I can help I will. What are are you in ????

Good luck

Hi, I'm new to Nursery too! I'm not sure I';ve got everything right, but it's getting there. I can show you my planning if you like.

At the moment I do a very sparce long term plan that gives opportunities for the children's interests to be added. I do a medium term plan because school likes everyone to have one, but again it allows for children's interests and allows for change. I then have a weekly plan for continuous provision (both indoors and outdoors) and a plan for adult led activities ( this one I continually change, and I have been told there is probably too much info!! - but often I put it there for my own use)

I will attempt to insert them.....

I'm just getting them from my other computer!

Here are the plans.

Long term (when I opened it though I noticed it has alraedy changed!!

Medium Term

Shortterm (weekly)

My plans are based on ones I have recieved from the county. I also use a EYFS grid with the development matters on to highlight to ensure all we are giving the full range of experiences from all areas of curriculum...

Long_Term_Plan.doc

12.10.08_Weekly_provision.doc

3.11.08_Adult_Focused.doc

Edited by Guest

sorry, for some reason my medium term won't attach!! I'll try again

It says I am unable to. Perhaps it is because it is in publisher?? Sorry!

Guest whizzbang

Thanks everyone, I am happy to share my FS2 plans, still not there with FS1.

In answer to the first question, we are totally running the EYFS, all assessment, plans everything has changed. A welcome one from me as I am working on bringing FS1 and 2 together, am really happy with FS2 but just love looking at other peoples ideas before I decide the FS1, no point reinventing the wheel!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)