Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Encouraging Physical Play!

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas of extending physical play in a small garden for children aged 2-4 years?

We have the usual tunnels, crates, hoops etc...but we would like to provide more equipment and activities that

encourage larger physical play like climbing, balancing etc....

I'm a childminder with a very small garden. I've had a pergola type frame built, put play bark on the base and hung a climbing ladder, a scramble net and a twizzler(tp toys - a small bar for children to hang on and spin around, great for building arm strength). The ladders positioned near a large, sturdy storage box so that they can use it to climb up onto the box which has been great for encouraging outdoor role play - it's a spaceship, a castle etc.

Not sure what sort of a budget you've got though.

Do you have strong tree that you could rig up with ropes and climbing ladders?

In one setting I visited they had a scaffolding type frame with various platforms and ropes and ladders - obviously not BS kitemarked :o but this setting had many outstanding gradings and excellent risk assessments in place.

hope thats some use

Large tyres has always been a popular response to this type of query, try a seach and you will find whee others members have got them from.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)