Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

{kuw}geography

Hi

After ideas again! Off to the park early in the new year with my reception class. Wanted to do some sort of linear map, ie collecting things along the way and perhaps recording in some way. Has anyone done this or have any other similar ideas!

Thanks in advance! :o

Not sure what ICT you have but Google earth springs to mind.Zoom in and mark the route on an interactive screen pre walk.

Pre-photograph points along the route as a visual map?

We once did a number search on a local walk with our prescool children, it's quite amazing how many different ways numbers are displayed / seen in quite a short walk. The children responded well, we had follow up activities in the preschool and the children talked about their experience for a long time after. :o

I remember that it was during this walk we discovered that one of our 3 yr old children could 'recognise' and knew numbers in the eighty's and ninety's, she said (looking at a front door) "That's number 86", I live at number '68', "they are swapped" xD

Peggy

We once did a number search on a local walk with our prescool children, it's quite amazing how many different ways numbers are displayed / seen in quite a short walk. The children responded well, we had follow up activities in the preschool and the children talked about their experience for a long time after. :o

I remember that it was during this walk we discovered that one of our 3 yr old children could 'recognise' and knew numbers in the eighty's and ninety's, she said (looking at a front door) "That's number 86", I live at number '68', "they are swapped" :(

Peggy

Thanks a lot, will use these ideas! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)