Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lesson Obeservations

We have just had lesson observastions by our head teacher and are planning to do some peer obersvations with collegues from another school. Shamefully recaeption are being assessed/observed using the same criteria as KS 1 & 2 classess and so are only coming out as satisfactory because the criteria does not match good FS practice.

Does anyone have any thing we could use to asses our provision against - OFSTED based????

PLease help, anything would be useful.

Drew :o

I've attached the criteria I used for my staff observations in preschool. It is a rather old document (2004) ut you may be able to adapt and/or find the layout useful.

Tab 1 has the assessment criteria, tab 2 has the evaluation sheet. I would 'score' each numbered criteria (far right coloumn) as M=met, WT = working toward, T=Training needed

Peggy

Observation_sheet_jan_04_STAFF.xls

Do you have a copy of the KS1/2 criteria that you could upload here? Maybe we could all have a go at adapting it? :o

Not sure if these are national criteria, or does each school prepare their own?

I've attached the criteria I used for my staff observations in preschool. It is a rather old document (2004) ut you may be able to adapt and/or find the layout useful.

Tab 1 has the assessment criteria, tab 2 has the evaluation sheet. I would 'score' each numbered criteria (far right coloumn) as M=met, WT = working toward, T=Training needed

Peggy

Thanks Peggy that looks like it might be a base to work from, if/when i've made any adjustments i'll uplaod it.

Cheers

Drew

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)