Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessments

Hi I work in a childrens centre and would love to look at some assessment formats for didfferent age groups. Am I right in thinking that we are onle assessing PSED, CLLd and PD for the under threes? I need to develop a way of recording the progress of the children in a good way without of course using any tick box system, Would really appreciste advice and help.

Thanks

Sunshine :o

Hi , its a decision which our advisor suggested as being more appropriate for the under threes.

Why,? is there any statuary resason to assess all six.

?

:o

Hi I work in a childrens centre and would love to look at some assessment formats for didfferent age groups. Am I right in thinking that we are onle assessing PSED, CLLd and PD for the under threes? I need to develop a way of recording the progress of the children in a good way without of course using any tick box system, Would really appreciste advice and help.

Thanks

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine,

I'm not sure I understand about only assessing those three areas of learning. Is this something your LA has decided upon? I wasn't aware that this is a national requirement, and I had thought we should all be making observations and assessments across the whole of the EYFS, including the six areas.

If you look in the resource library, many people have uploaded documents that they use. You can find

my record sheets here

I used them alongside each child's special book which contained all the evidence (photos, observations etc), and dated each statement in the appropriate column when it matched up with an observation.

I've done sheets for the full age range, in the six areas, and different ones for boys and girls. Hope they're of some use :o

I've just asked this question in your other thread! :o

I would be wary of missing out the other three areas, as I don't think your observations and records would reflect the breadth and balance of your provision and what the children can access. We are supposed to think of the six areas as equal in weight, I had thought, but I'm willing to be put right on this one!

I think observations on under threes when joining in with number rhymes, or investigating a new material, or dressing up as a fairy are all as important as observations made for PSED, CLL and PD. I wonder why your advisor sees them as less important?

I've just asked this question in your other thread! :o

I would be wary of missing out the other three areas, as I don't think your observations and records would reflect the breadth and balance of your provision and what the children can access. We are supposed to think of the six areas as equal in weight, I had thought, but I'm willing to be put right on this one!

I think observations on under threes when joining in with number rhymes, or investigating a new material, or dressing up as a fairy are all as important as observations made for PSED, CLL and PD. I wonder why your advisor sees them as less important?

I do know that the new AcE Assessment Scale currently being piloted by Pascal and Bertram focusses entirely on the areas of PSE and CLL as they feel that these are the two most importnat areas - maybe that's where the information comes from?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)