Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment Of E3

Hi everyone. I think I have just about finished the knowledge and understanding questions that our tutor set us regarding E3 and am expecting my first assessment in the work place in the next week or so. I think I have covered all the PC's in my answers but that cross referencing is going to take some practise! :o

Has anyone any experience of assessments? Just wondering what to expect really. I think I might find that section of the nvq difficult as I am only doing one day a week voluntarily. It must be much easier if you work somewhere all the time and know the ins and outs of everything! What sort of questions do assessors ask? Am I worrying unnecessarily? :(

Can't wait to get my first unit signed off! xD

Kind regards,

Julie

Unfortunately this seems to be one of those things that depends on your area and each individual assessor. My own assessor liked to come out, find a quiet spot out of the way and just watch and write down everything she saw. Then she would look through my file and mark down the pcs she had observed and read through my written work to make sure I had covered all the knowledge and any pcs and ranges she couldn't observe. At the end of the session she would give me feedback on the session and talk about what she would like to observe next time she came out. It really isn't as painful as you might imagine. :D

That's what my assessor did when she came to observe me, too. She was great at ticking off loads of stuff each time she came, and she knew the course so well, she was also excellent at knowing which gaps had to be tackled next.

Three of my staff have completed the NVQ3 too, and their assessors worked in a similar way.

I think the main bit of advice I can give you at this stage is just to do what you normally do, and leave the rest to her! :D You really don't need to worry.....s/he is there to help you, not inspect. Good luck and let us know how it goes. You'll feel great when the first unit is out of the way :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)