Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Caf!

bluestar

Blimey! I had no idea this was all going on. I don't know the CAF form inside out and back to front but I don't think I ever recall seeing 'eye wateringly intimate questions about children’s sexual behaviour'... :o My CAF training was cancelled and I haven't managed to re-book myself so I might not have all the facts at my disposal, so I'm wondering if there is a different CAF form for different ages of children?

Maz

No it's the same form for all children

under Behavioural development

Lifestyle, self-control, reckless or impulsive activity; behaviour with peers; substance misuse; anti-social behaviour;

sexual behaviour; offending; violence and aggression; restless and overactive; easily distracted, attention span/concentration

and under Identity, self-esteem, self-image and social presentation

Perceptions of self; knowledge of personal/family history; sense of belonging; experiences of discrimination due to race,

religion, age, gender, sexuality and disability

not really eye watering intimate questions are they?

Edited by Marion

Yes -as usual the Daily mail must need to boost their sales and have enlarged somewhat on the truth! The form is designed to be used to assess children upto 18 and to 25 if they have additional needs so there may well be need to include info about sexual behaviour.

If you want to look at the forms this is the link here

You can download the form and check out the questions yourself.

The moral of this story? - don't believe everything you read in the papers!

caf_form.doc