Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Auditory Sequential Memory

I looking for some reading matter on Auditory Sequential Memory - can anyone recommend any good books?

Thank you in advance

mousebat

I've just finished reading Foundations of Literacy (and Steve keeps telling me to write the review of it!) and there are are few references to auditory sequential memory, both in the "Learning to Listen" chapter, and the "Music, Movement and Memory" chapter. The book suggests some games to play to develop auditory memory skills. Is that the kind of thing you were looking for, or something more research based?

Thank you Helen -your suggestion was useful. I'm looking for anything on ASM in school aged children but not research based stuff.

Denise

Hi

Foundations of Literacy is a brilliant book that you can keep dipping into, I especially liked the 'Prepare to talk' section and the letter formation jingles. It also reinforces how necessary reading and storytelling is to children is during the session, five stories a day. Fantastic book, I can't recommend it enough!

Lia :o

Thanks Steve for the detailed review of Foundations in Literacy that you've recently added. I know it has been recommended to me, but from reading the review I have decided not to buy the book and have saved myself some money.

mousebat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)