Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Observation Sheets

Do you mean something that parents can jot down comments about what their child is interested in, something significant they have done at home or something special that has happened, such as a party etc?

We are just developing this idea at pre-school and thought of calling it "Special news"-see attachment. We are going to put the forms in the entrance way and ask parents to take some home to complete and bring into pre-school. The bottom box is for the child to draw a picture or for a photograph to be added. We will then share this with the other children and use it for further planning to the child's interests. That way we will involve parents more in their child's learning.

Linda

Special_news_forms.doc

Somebody on here a while ago suggested 'WOW' vouchers, and I've introduced these with the parents this year and they have been an enormous success! I gave 2 out to each parent at parents' evening (and said they could come back for as many as they liked) and the next day so many parents brought one or both in completed about something about their child. It has been really wonderful to share in the parents' excitement about the things their child has been doing and they've really broadened my understanding of what the children in my class are doing / interested in / capable of. I would really recommend them! :o

this is a thought we are begining to talk about

emmajess the 'WOW' vouchers, sound really interesting any chance of a look at the format

It's just a landscape piece of A5 yellow paper with a shooting star border, that says 'WOW' in big letters at top centre in a nice font - curlz I think! Then a big space for parent / carer to write whatever they felt was significant then a place at the bottom for them to date and sign it. Really simple - but that makes them very open-ended and non-prescriptive.

we are just looking at developing something along those lines "home achievement" sheets to go on our welcome desk,

we also include comment sheets in the termly reports for parents to give feed back but that's a pretty standard thing I think most people already do

Thanks everyone.

I like the idea of having a space for a photo I hadn't thought of that. We're thinking of havinf a space for parents to write about anything significant they want to share that they have seen their child do with a box for what they would like us to plan next for them in nursery.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)