Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eid Activities

Hi - does anybody have any ideas that could be used for KUW relating to Eid (the big Eid that is due to be celebrated next week) Was thinking of doing something related to the cycle of the moon ????? Anybody had any success with this type of activity??? Many thanks for your responses xx

The big Eid - Eid ul Adha is about Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) KUW activities could include: methods of travel, location of Saudi Arabia, weather, climate, food eaten during Eid celebrations, clothes worn by different communities on the day of Eid...I can't think of anymore KUW related activities, maybe someone will be along shortly with more ideas.

:o

Can't think of any further activities - apart from reading fiction, non-fiction books. Talking about food that is eaten (for Eid-al-Adha, a lamb is slaughtered in the home or sometimes at butcher's and taken home- links to Qu'ran). Building a mosque from bricks (my children made prayer mats for play people for Eid-al-Fitr).

This Eid lasts about four days. We have four days off to celebrate (Sun 7 - Wed 10th Dec) to accordance with local country. This is first time I have been here for Big Eid, should be interesting, although I am a little nervous about what to expect (I am veggie)!

I saw a lamb being carried into my neighbour's house yesterday, I assume, ready for Eid!

Hi we used to have a lot of muslim children. Easy things to do for little ones are - decorated hands (mendi patterns) easy to do with pencils/pens on cut out hands. Also eid cards, we used to get children to cut out mosque and do it glittery, silvery etc. Also getting them to dress up and do some bangra dancing always went down really well. There are some great books for little ones about the sorts of things children get up to at Eid - wearing best clothes, visiting mosque, exchanging presents, feasting. I remember one called Samira's Eid but am sure there are many more. Moon and lunar calendar we never really treid as it seemed a bit abstract for them, but you could always look at pictures of full moon over Mecca and discuss. I am in a rush right now but will come on later and give you some links, HTH Love Zoe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)