Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessing Pupil's Progress

We had a staff meeting this week about APP and I just wondered what you all thought. I know getting rid of SATS at key stage 2 is good but part of me still feels there is still too much over assessing. Alongside all the other assessment at school they want to make it similar too eyfs, so each classroom is going to have a log for observations and post its and if the Ta notices anything she has to write it down on a post it.

This bit from Number 10.gov.uk is interesting

"The only statutory requirement to write anything down is that practitioners must complete an EYFS Profile for each child in the year in which they turn five – reception class at primary school for most children. This is intended to help inform future policy, and to support teachers in understanding children’s needs when they enter Key Stage 1 of primary school."

This bit from Number 10.gov.uk is interesting

"The only statutory requirement to write anything down is that practitioners must complete an EYFS Profile for each child in the year in which they turn five – reception class at primary school for most children. This is intended to help inform future policy, and to support teachers in understanding children’s needs when they enter Key Stage 1 of primary school."

Marion - this is an interesting quote! I found the Number10.gov.uk website and did a search on eyfs but couldn't find the article with this quote in - do you know what the article was called so I can find it please?

Thanks

Starburst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)